THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Being a non-profit corporation and a lot owner’s cemetery, no single person or group owns David’s Cemetery. David’s Cemetery is owned by the 16,700+ people who are buried here and those who own burial rights that haven’t been exercised. A Board of Trustees is responsible for the operation of the cemetery and governs the association maintaining the perpetual care fund required by the Ohio Revised Code.
- David’s Cemetery has a unique money back guarantee, whereby any member may resell their ground or mausoleum space back to the association at any time, at the original purchase price, less any expenses incurred.
- The Association shall issue a certificate of burial, interment, entombment or inurnment rights, granting to the named party only those rights granted therein. All other rights to the land and mausoleum are retained by the Association.
- Transfer of certificate of burial, interment, entombment or inurnment rights, or a past issued deed, shall be made only to a family member of the named party or to the Association. No transfer of any certificates of deed shall be valid without the consent of the Association. A transfer to a family member or resale to the Association shall be made at the original purchase price, less any expenses incurred.
- All pets must be kept on leashes at all times in order to keep them from damaging the flowers and shrubs. Pet owners must clean up after their pets.